Are you a fan of Spinach Artichoke Dip? Do you wish you could have it as your entrée? Then you are going to love this delicious Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Chicken recipe we found on skinnyms.com.
This recipe has all the great parts of the dip and turns it into a full-fledged meal for you and your family.
- 8 cups loosely packed spinach, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 (6-8 ounce) whole chicken breasts (bone-in with skin)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/4 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, reduced-fat but not fat free
- 4 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) can preservative-free artichoke hearts OR 6- 8 artichoke hearts from a jar, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped grape or cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
In a 4-quart slow cooker, pop in the spinach, chicken, and chicken broth. Sprinkle garlic, salt, onion, and pepper on top of everything. Place the cover on top and cook for approximately 6-8 hours on low, or if you’d like, 4-6 hours on high.
Right before you serve this dish, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and set them on serving platters.
In a separate bowl, stir together cream cheese, artichokes, and Parmesan cheese. Keep stirring until it becomes a creamy mixture. Spoon over the chicken breasts.
Top it all off with the tomatoes and extra Parmesan cheese, if you so desire.