By: Ashley Kirsch
Do you like blueberry pancakes? If so, I suggest trying Ambitious Kitchen’s recipe for oatmeal blueberry yogurt pancakes. This is a healthy alternative to the traditional pancake recipe. These oatmeal blueberry yogurt pancakes can be gluten free (if chosen) and are simple to make. They take a total of ten minutes to prepare. Five minutes are for prepping and five minutes for cooking.
Let’s get started!
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 container (5.3 oz) blueberry or vanilla bean yogurt
- 1/2 medium ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Start by placing all of the ingredients, except the blueberries, into a blender. Then, blend until smooth. Set the batter aside to thicken for a few minutes.
- Next, lightly coat a large nonstick skillet or griddle with butter or cooking spray and heat over medium/low heat.
- Then, drop ¼ cup of batter onto the skillet and add a few blueberries on top. Cook until bubbles appear on top of the batter.
- Flip the pancakes and cook until they are golden brown on the underside.
- Finally, wipe the skillet clean and repeat with more cooking spray and the remaining batter.
Start off on the right foot this New Year by making subtle changes to your diet. Enjoy these healthy oatmeal blueberry yogurt pancakes, and let us know what you think!
Babb, Inc. Marketing Intern
Slippery Rock University Public Relations Student