Looking for volunteer opportunities? Check out these 5 great Pittsburgh non-profits. Each are doing great work in our communities and always accepting an extra helping hand.
- Rankin Christian Center, located in Rankin Borough, is a faith-based center offering programs for children, senior citizens, and individuals with intellectual disabilities. They also provide fuel assistance, services that assist at-risk residents living in public housing, and a food pantry.
- Junior Achievement of Western PA provides programing to local students promoting work-readiness, entrepreneurship, and financial literacy skills. To check out some of their programs and see how you can become involved, click here for more information.
- Focus On Renewal (FOR) serves the Sto-Rox community by providing adult education, youth intervention, and economic assistance. FOR also provides a slew of other community-based services such as a food pantry and emergency support program, free daily lunch program for those in need, early Head Start program, and family support program for children.
- Heritage Community Initiatives helps individuals and families facing socio-economic challenges. Their programing focuses on education, transportation, and life enhancing initiatives. The non-profit offers a number of volunteer opportunities.
- Tri-County Patriots for Independent Living, or TRIPIL, is a center for independent living, assisting individuals with equal access, assistive technology, education, employment, housing, and transportation. Check out their volunteer page to find more information on opportunities to get involved.